Deaf woman amazes crowd with song on ‘America’s Got Talent’
At 18 years old, one woman lost her hearing, but that wouldn’t stop her from achieving great things.
Mandy Harvey, 29, was on stage at “America’s Got Talent” needing her interpreter in order to understand the judges. That’s because when she was 18, she completely lost her hearing to a connective-tissue disorder.
“Basically I got sick and my nerves deteriorated,” Harvey said.
She performed a song called “Try,” inspired, she said, because she gave up when she couldn’t hear anymore.
Using the vibration from the floor by not wearing any shoes, Harvey was perfect on her pitch and amazed the crowd, including the judges. She got a standing ovation, and moves on the next round.
- Woman dies, 2 men critically wounded in Phoenix house party shooting
- Family searching for missing Glendale teacher in northern Arizona forest
- Woman lost in northern Arizona since Sunday found alive
- Police submit charges in case of missing Mesa woman, child
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body