Deaf woman amazes crowd with song on ‘America’s Got Talent’
At 18 years old, one woman lost her hearing, but that wouldn’t stop her from achieving great things.
Mandy Harvey, 29, was on stage at “America’s Got Talent” needing her interpreter in order to understand the judges. That’s because when she was 18, she completely lost her hearing to a connective-tissue disorder.
“Basically I got sick and my nerves deteriorated,” Harvey said.
She performed a song called “Try,” inspired, she said, because she gave up when she couldn’t hear anymore.
Using the vibration from the floor by not wearing any shoes, Harvey was perfect on her pitch and amazed the crowd, including the judges. She got a standing ovation, and moves on the next round.
- 2 individuals found dead at Scottsdale apartment complex
- Phoenix-area women, business owners to compete on ‘The Amazing Race’
- Marana police: Woman accused of stabbing, wounding young son
- Arizona teacher shortage affecting schools for deaf, blind students
- Arizona theater company hopes to combat lack of deaf actors in media