I-17 weekend work in Phoenix continues, portion to be closed
PHOENIX — As has been going on for a while now, a portion of Interstate 17 in Phoenix will be closed this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced all travel advisories for drivers in the Valley to watch for heading into June 9-12.
The work starts at 10 p.m. on Friday, and drivers are encouraged to consider alternate routes to avoid delays.
Here are the announced restrictions for the weekend:
- Southbound I-17 will be closed between Thomas Road and Interstate 10 at the “Stack” interchange from 10 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt paving. All north- and southbound I-17 ramps connecting to I-10 at the Stack will be closed. However, the I-10 ramps connecting to I-17 in both directions will remain open. Westbound Thomas Road will be narrowed to one lane at I-17 for bridge fence replacement.
- State Route 143 will be closed in both directions between McDowell Road and Washington Street from 4 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Sunday for overhead utility line work.
Additional freeway restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona
- How much do Arizonans spoil their fathers? There’s a ranking for that
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father