I-17 weekend work in Phoenix continues, portion to be closed
PHOENIX — As has been going on for a while now, a portion of Interstate 17 in Phoenix will be closed this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced all travel advisories for drivers in the Valley to watch for heading into June 9-12.
The work starts at 10 p.m. on Friday, and drivers are encouraged to consider alternate routes to avoid delays.
Here are the announced restrictions for the weekend:
- Southbound I-17 will be closed between Thomas Road and Interstate 10 at the “Stack” interchange from 10 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt paving. All north- and southbound I-17 ramps connecting to I-10 at the Stack will be closed. However, the I-10 ramps connecting to I-17 in both directions will remain open. Westbound Thomas Road will be narrowed to one lane at I-17 for bridge fence replacement.
- State Route 143 will be closed in both directions between McDowell Road and Washington Street from 4 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Sunday for overhead utility line work.
Additional freeway restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.
- Trent Franks, Joe Arpaio endorse Arizona senator for Franks’ old seat
- Main Street Minute: Butcher shop opening in Phoenix neighborhood
- Pregnant woman dies in Phoenix car crash, passenger injured
- This Phoenix health clinic is a lifeline for the uninsured
- Strike a pose: Grand Canyon ranks as Arizona’s most ‘Instagrammed’ spot