She Said: CRUjiente Tacos has a creative, tasty menu full of must-have items
CRUjiente Tacos, a quaint Latin-inspired restaurant is tucked in the little strip center located near 40th Street and Camelback Road.
I do warn you, parking can be a problem, but it’s well worth it once you find a spot!
We started with the guacamole and it is precisely what guac should be — chunky with a perfect amount of seasoning that allows the avocado to stand in the forefront.
The street corn was next and it shouldn’t be missed! Served off the kernel in a cast iron dish, the creamy mound of golden grilled corn could get anyone’s mouth watering. The corn is coated with a combo of crema and chimayo, which make this dish delightful.
The tacos selection is impressive and has many creative varieties from which to choose. There isn’t a bad one in the bunch and it is easy to see how Chef Rich Hinojosa took first place at the Arizona Taco Fest.
Each one is unique and overloaded with tons of flavor. Some favorites include:
- 36-hour beef short rib — house hot sauce, cotija, onions, cilantro
- Cedar River New York — sweet and sour onion, chimichurri
- Korean fried chicken — gochujang, mojo de cebollin, compressed cabbage
I was told by my foodie friends the queso and the pork belly taco are must-haves on my next visit!
I also was informed about CRUjiente Taco’s daily specials and happy hour menu, which offer great deals, so keep your eyes open for those!
- She Said: Cocktail Society promising start to Scottsdale Culinary Festival
- She Said: Oak & Fork offers wine bar feel inside Ak-Chin Casino
- He Said: Devour Phoenix’s first year at Desert Botanical Garden a success
- I’ll take two: Burger Battle returning to Scottsdale later this month
- He Said: Camp Social the perfect place to get a warm meal on chilly nights
- He Said: Biltmore Bobby-Q offers cool, light summer options
- Celebrate International Sushi Day at the best Phoenix-area sushi spots
- She Said: Gadzooks isn't just for lunch and dinner, they have breakfast, too
- She Said: Where to go to celebrate Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo
- She Said: Chef Wade's food truck takes mac 'n' cheese to another level