Arizona Lottery to feature local artist’s designs on tickets for first time
PHOENIX — One Arizona native didn’t win any money after taking the top spot in a contest, but in a way, she hit the jackpot.
Emily Costello will have her three art designs featured on $2 scratch tickets that will be sold in nearly 3,000 Arizona Lottery retailers throughout the state, according to OH Partners, who works with Arizona Lottery.
This marks the first time in Arizona Lottery’s 36-year history it will showcase a local artist on an instant scratch ticket.
Earlier this year, Arizona Lottery held an open artwork submission for artists to submit their works for a “Dia de los Muertos” theme. Costello won the contest, and her three designs commemorating the traditions and festivities of the “Day of the Dead” will debut in August.
- Trump’s comments about anthem, Steph Curry inflame sports stars
- Bees attack 20 people outside of Tucson
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Principal, athletic director reassigned as Hamilton hazing case continues