Arizona Lottery to feature local artist’s designs on tickets for first time
PHOENIX — One Arizona native didn’t win any money after taking the top spot in a contest, but in a way, she hit the jackpot.
Emily Costello will have her three art designs featured on $2 scratch tickets that will be sold in nearly 3,000 Arizona Lottery retailers throughout the state, according to OH Partners, who works with Arizona Lottery.
This marks the first time in Arizona Lottery’s 36-year history it will showcase a local artist on an instant scratch ticket.
Earlier this year, Arizona Lottery held an open artwork submission for artists to submit their works for a “Dia de los Muertos” theme. Costello won the contest, and her three designs commemorating the traditions and festivities of the “Day of the Dead” will debut in August.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest news stories from St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Flake hopes Republicans would stand up if Trump fires Robert Mueller
- Tempe police: Father, son found dead inside ‘hoarding house’
- Northern Arizona cities covered in snow after overnight storm
- Sunday could be last day below 70 degrees in Phoenix until November