Arizona Lottery to feature local artist’s designs on tickets for first time
PHOENIX — One Arizona native didn’t win any money after taking the top spot in a contest, but in a way, she hit the jackpot.
Emily Costello will have her three art designs featured on $2 scratch tickets that will be sold in nearly 3,000 Arizona Lottery retailers throughout the state, according to OH Partners, who works with Arizona Lottery.
This marks the first time in Arizona Lottery’s 36-year history it will showcase a local artist on an instant scratch ticket.
Earlier this year, Arizona Lottery held an open artwork submission for artists to submit their works for a “Dia de los Muertos” theme. Costello won the contest, and her three designs commemorating the traditions and festivities of the “Day of the Dead” will debut in August.
- Here are five tips for Black Friday you shouldn’t ignore
- Here are 10 things Arizonans should be thankful for on Thanksgiving
- Arizona state senator recovering after collision with drunk driver in Phoenix
- What would it mean for Arizonans if ‘net neutrality’ rules are repealed?
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company