TEMPE, Ariz. — Authorities said a big rig hauling a load of beer has rolled over on its side on a freeway ramp in Tempe on Wednesday.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials said the accident occurred about 10 a.m. on the eastbound U.S. 60 ramp to the southbound Loop 101.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety posted a photo on its website showing the big rig tipped over along a shoulder of the road and numerous blue boxes of Bud Light beer in cans scattered nearby.
Authorities said the driver was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
The name of the driver wasn’t immediately released.
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Mesa man arrested, accused of using stolen identity of brother for 28 years
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix
- SR 51 will have restrictions in Phoenix this weekend