Big rig hauling load of beer rolls on Phoenix freeway ramp
TEMPE, Ariz. — Authorities said a big rig hauling a load of beer has rolled over on its side on a freeway ramp in Tempe on Wednesday.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials said the accident occurred about 10 a.m. on the eastbound U.S. 60 ramp to the southbound Loop 101.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety posted a photo on its website showing the big rig tipped over along a shoulder of the road and numerous blue boxes of Bud Light beer in cans scattered nearby.
Authorities said the driver was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
The name of the driver wasn’t immediately released.
- Deadly accident shuts down US 60 West in Mesa
- I-10 westbound near Tucson shuts down due to crash, causing long delays
- ADOT, Tucson-area tribe partner for construction training program
- ADOT cameras catch two wrong-way drivers over weekend
- Interstate between Phoenix, Las Vegas faces long road to completion