Arizona utility worker in hospital after being stung by hundreds of bees
PHOENIX — An Arizona utility worker was hospitalized Wednesday after being stung hundreds of times by bees.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said in an email the Arizona Central Project employee was removing a couch from the underpass near the Loop 303 and Lake Pleasant Parkway when he was attacked.
The couch contained a large bees nest.
Edien said the man attempted to run away from the bees. He ran about a quarter-mile before lying on the ground.
The man, who has not been publicly identified, was found by other crews and was airlifted to a hospital. He was awake and stable.
Another worker received a few stings and was treated at the scene.
- Authorities suspect Arizona inmate’s death to be a homicide
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections