Arizona utility worker in hospital after being stung by hundreds of bees
PHOENIX — An Arizona utility worker was hospitalized Wednesday after being stung hundreds of times by bees.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said in an email the Arizona Central Project employee was removing a couch from the underpass near the Loop 303 and Lake Pleasant Parkway when he was attacked.
The couch contained a large bees nest.
Edien said the man attempted to run away from the bees. He ran about a quarter-mile before lying on the ground.
The man, who has not been publicly identified, was found by other crews and was airlifted to a hospital. He was awake and stable.
Another worker received a few stings and was treated at the scene.
- Domestic violence foundation kicks off in honor of Phoenix-area girls’ deaths
- Poll shows Arizona split on support for President Trump
- Arizona DPS head talks challenges in recruiting young, diverse applicants
- Judge halts newest Trump travel ban, saying it has same woes
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam