PHOENIX — An Arizona utility worker was hospitalized Wednesday after being stung hundreds of times by bees.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said in an email the Arizona Central Project employee was removing a couch from the underpass near the Loop 303 and Lake Pleasant Parkway when he was attacked.
The couch contained a large bees nest.
Edien said the man attempted to run away from the bees. He ran about a quarter-mile before lying on the ground.
The man, who has not been publicly identified, was found by other crews and was airlifted to a hospital. He was awake and stable.
Another worker received a few stings and was treated at the scene.
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Arizona political leaders speak ahead of Trump’s rally in Phoenix