Driver crashes through fence, lands in Scottsdale pool
PHOENIX — An elderly man took a very wrong turn in Scottsdale, crashing his car into a backyard pool, where he had to be rescued.
Authorities said the disabled man lost control of the car Monday and smashed through the block-wall fence of a home near 110th and Cholla streets. No one was injured.
The unidentified man was briefly trapped inside the SUV when he couldn’t get the seat belt to release. Firefighters pulled him out before the vehicle flipped on its side and submerged.
The driver was taken to the hospital as a precaution but was in stable condition.
The woman whose yard he crashed into said she heard a noise that sounded like a bomb coming from outside. Peggy Ahrems said she went to look and saw the dark-color SUV bobbing in her pool.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix
- Lawmaker: Lack of regulation on Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?