PHOENIX — Chris Bianco, one of the most notable chefs in Arizona, has announced that he will open a new restaurant in Tucson.
As soon as he figures out what kind of place he wants to open.
“We’re going to do something in Tucson. I am committed to doing something in Tucson,” he told the Arizona Daily Star.
The newspaper reported Bianco has signed a letter of intent to open in the ground story of a development near Broadway Boulevard and Stone Avenue.
“We’re going to figure out something to see if we can make a great fit,” he told the State. “I love Tucson. That’s the reason I came down there. I still love it.”
Bianco had opened a Tucson location of his well-known Pizzeria Bianco in 2014, but it was shuttered two years later.
Bianco told the blog Tucsonfoodie at the time, “I’m incredibly proud of our team, our farmers and purveyors, and the food we put out” said Bianco. “But just like any relationship, sometimes you have to ask if it’s good for me, too.”
The James Beard Award-winner owns several restaurants in the Phoenix area. Pizzeria Bianco has been named one of the nation’s best pizza spots multiple times.
- Tucson trying to lure Milwaukee Brewers for spring training
- Tucson looking for new uses for city golf courses
- D-backs’ Chase Field ranks in Top 5 in MLB stadium food safety rankings
- After 30 years, Arizona museum gets stolen piece by modern master
- Maricopa County animal shelters get huge food donation