Chris Bianco to open new restaurant in Tucson once he decides on theme
PHOENIX — Chris Bianco, one of the most notable chefs in Arizona, has announced that he will open a new restaurant in Tucson.
As soon as he figures out what kind of place he wants to open.
“We’re going to do something in Tucson. I am committed to doing something in Tucson,” he told the Arizona Daily Star.
The newspaper reported Bianco has signed a letter of intent to open in the ground story of a development near Broadway Boulevard and Stone Avenue.
“We’re going to figure out something to see if we can make a great fit,” he told the State. “I love Tucson. That’s the reason I came down there. I still love it.”
Bianco had opened a Tucson location of his well-known Pizzeria Bianco in 2014, but it was shuttered two years later.
Bianco told the blog Tucsonfoodie at the time, “I’m incredibly proud of our team, our farmers and purveyors, and the food we put out” said Bianco. “But just like any relationship, sometimes you have to ask if it’s good for me, too.”
The James Beard Award-winner owns several restaurants in the Phoenix area. Pizzeria Bianco has been named one of the nation’s best pizza spots multiple times.
- Tucson man sentenced to 12-plus years in prison for bank robberies
- Authorities search for inmates who escaped Tucson prison
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- ADOT to install technology to help detect dust storms on I-10
- County to purchase ranch for $1.55M to expand park system