Motorcycle-involved crash closes westbound US 60, affects rush hour
PHOENIX — A crash involving a motorcycle closed the westbound U.S. 60 at the Loop 101 on Monday, about an hour before rush hour typically begins.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said all traffic was being diverted onto the northbound Loop 101. The U.S. 60 reopened at around 5 p.m.
Drivers were encouraged to use alternate routes, including the Loop 202.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said it appeared the motorcycle rider lost control and crashed. The rider was not wearing a helmet and was seriously injured.
Eastbound traffic was not affected by the crash.
- Mobile-friendly map directs bicycle riders across Arizona
- Westbound US 60 closing for weekend from Loop 101 to I-10
- K-9 units enlisted to sniff out drug smugglers and human traffickers
- Knife-wielding man trying to elude police plunges off Phoenix freeway
- Detection system tips off 1st wrong-way driver on Interstate 17 in Phoenix