Main Street Minute: Gourmet hamburger chain adding Tempe location
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A gourmet hamburger joint is about to expand its Valley presence. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Florida-based Burgerfi is scheduled to open a spot in Tempe near Rural Road and University Drive. Opening day is scheduled for June 12. There’s already a location in Mesa.
• Scottsdale is getting a new boutique hotel. Hotel Adeline, formerly known as the Scottsdale Inn, is undergoing a $12 million renovation. The makeover will feature more than 200 guest rooms, several eating options and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Grand opening is set for the fall.
• State Farm is hosting a job fair near Sky Harbor Airport on Monday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive. The insurance giant is hiring for customer service, inbound sales, claims and systems and IT. Starting pay is over $15.50 an hour with up to $7,500 in annual tuition reimbursement.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend