Main Street Minute: Gourmet hamburger chain adding Tempe location
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A gourmet hamburger joint is about to expand its Valley presence. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Florida-based Burgerfi is scheduled to open a spot in Tempe near Rural Road and University Drive. Opening day is scheduled for June 12. There’s already a location in Mesa.
• Scottsdale is getting a new boutique hotel. Hotel Adeline, formerly known as the Scottsdale Inn, is undergoing a $12 million renovation. The makeover will feature more than 200 guest rooms, several eating options and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Grand opening is set for the fall.
• State Farm is hosting a job fair near Sky Harbor Airport on Monday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive. The insurance giant is hiring for customer service, inbound sales, claims and systems and IT. Starting pay is over $15.50 an hour with up to $7,500 in annual tuition reimbursement.
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam