Main Street Minute: Gourmet hamburger chain adding Tempe location
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A gourmet hamburger joint is about to expand its Valley presence. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Florida-based Burgerfi is scheduled to open a spot in Tempe near Rural Road and University Drive. Opening day is scheduled for June 12. There’s already a location in Mesa.
• Scottsdale is getting a new boutique hotel. Hotel Adeline, formerly known as the Scottsdale Inn, is undergoing a $12 million renovation. The makeover will feature more than 200 guest rooms, several eating options and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Grand opening is set for the fall.
• State Farm is hosting a job fair near Sky Harbor Airport on Monday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive. The insurance giant is hiring for customer service, inbound sales, claims and systems and IT. Starting pay is over $15.50 an hour with up to $7,500 in annual tuition reimbursement.
- Jerry Colangelo-led group acquires Tempe marina offices for $928M
- Main Street Minute: Butcher shop opening in Phoenix neighborhood
- Pregnant woman dies in Phoenix car crash, passenger injured
- This Phoenix health clinic is a lifeline for the uninsured
- These Arizona cities are among the most deadly in the nation