KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A gourmet hamburger joint is about to expand its Valley presence. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Florida-based Burgerfi is scheduled to open a spot in Tempe near Rural Road and University Drive. Opening day is scheduled for June 12. There’s already a location in Mesa.
• Scottsdale is getting a new boutique hotel. Hotel Adeline, formerly known as the Scottsdale Inn, is undergoing a $12 million renovation. The makeover will feature more than 200 guest rooms, several eating options and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Grand opening is set for the fall.
• State Farm is hosting a job fair near Sky Harbor Airport on Monday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive. The insurance giant is hiring for customer service, inbound sales, claims and systems and IT. Starting pay is over $15.50 an hour with up to $7,500 in annual tuition reimbursement.
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Phoenix residents hope to save Chinese Cultural Center with online petition