Multiple people killed, including suspect, in shooting near Orlando
Authorities in central Florida said Monday five people had been shot and killed in an industrial area near Orlando and that the suspected gunman was among the dead.
The gunman, described as a 45-year-old disgruntled former worker, killed himself.
Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said the victims were among 12 at an awning manufacturing company who “were going about their business” when the shooter came in. Three men and a woman were killed.
Shelley Adams said her sister, Sheila McIntyre, called her from the company’s bathroom during the shooting.
The upset woman kept repeating, “My boss is dead. My boss is dead,” Adams said.
Several roads in Orlando were closed as deputies responded to the shooting.
Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were assisting with the investigation.
Nearly a year ago, 49 people were killed at a nightclub in Orlando after a gunman opened fire. The hate crime/terror attack at the gay club happened June 12, 2016.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Feds net $13.8M in Arizona civil actions, criminal fines
- Chandler woman calls 911, says she strangled mother, waits for police
- Buckeye woman dies after being struck in chest with stray bullet
- Donald Trump defends self after comments: ‘I am not a racist’