Florida sheriffs lasso an alligator from a backyard pool
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office in Florida posted a video on Facebook that shows an alligator being pulled from the bottom of a backyard pool.
Unfortunately, the alligator’s trespassing came on a day in which people are likely to use their pool: Memorial Day. But the sheriffs stepped in and helped the gator make a not-so-gentle exit from the swimming pool.
The department published a video of the incident, as well as a creepy photo of the alligator lurking at the bottom of the water.
“Luckily, these homeowners took a second look this morning before jumping in to kick off their Memorial Day,” the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office wrote on Facebook. “Deputy Lori Clark was first to respond to the Plantation neighborhood where this healthy 7-8 ft. gator was at the bottom of a family’s swimming pool.”
The post said a trapper was called to actually get the gator out.
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- YouTube prankster picks up girls in toy car at Arizona State University
- Intense video of plane flying through Hurricane Irma surfaces on Twitter