Florida sheriffs lasso an alligator from a backyard pool
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office in Florida posted a video on Facebook that shows an alligator being pulled from the bottom of a backyard pool.
Unfortunately, the alligator’s trespassing came on a day in which people are likely to use their pool: Memorial Day. But the sheriffs stepped in and helped the gator make a not-so-gentle exit from the swimming pool.
The department published a video of the incident, as well as a creepy photo of the alligator lurking at the bottom of the water.
“Luckily, these homeowners took a second look this morning before jumping in to kick off their Memorial Day,” the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office wrote on Facebook. “Deputy Lori Clark was first to respond to the Plantation neighborhood where this healthy 7-8 ft. gator was at the bottom of a family’s swimming pool.”
The post said a trapper was called to actually get the gator out.
- Toxic and secluded, this Russian city is unlike any other
- Jimmy Kimmel takes part in stealing kids Halloween candy prank
- Burger King’s new Halloween ad grabs inspiration from ‘It,’ ‘Stranger Things’
- Watch as elderly man comforts dying wife before 80th wedding anniversary
- Here is why California’s musical road sounds absolutely out of tune