I-17 among freeways to see weekend closures in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — The I-17 will be one of a few Valley freeways that will see at least partial restrictions this weekend as crews conduct maintenance on roads.
The closures apply to the June 2-5 weekend and were announced Thursday by the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Drivers should consider alternate routes and, if possible, avoid the following restricted roadways altogether:
• The southbound I-17 will be closed at the I-10 stack interchange and 19th Avenue from 10 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. Monday so crews can pave rubberized asphalt. However, southbound I-17 ramps to the I-10 in each direction will still be open. The I-10 ramps to southbound I-17 will be closed. Additionally, Van Buren Street will be closed in both directions at I-17 for a pedestrian fence installation.
• The westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane between Perryville Road and the Loop 303, starting Friday at 10 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. for bridge maintenance. The southbound Loop 303 ramp to the westbound I-10 will also be closed. Furthermore, the westbound I-10 ramp to the northbound Loop 303 will be closed for construction from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday and again from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday.
• The southbound Loop 303 will be closed between Indian School Road and McDowell Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday so crews can install an overhead sign.
• The westbound US 60 Superstition Freeway will see closures on its off- and on-ramps at Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Val Vista Drive itself will be restricted to one lane in each direction at the 60.
For additional freeway information, visit ADOT.gov.
- Report of break-in ends with police shooting suspect
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Maricopa County was fastest-growing county in US from 2016-2017
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction