Phoenix man faces animal cruelty charges for allegedly killing his three dogs
PHOENIX — A Phoenix man was facing multiple counts of animal cruelty and other charges after he allegedly shot and killed three of his dogs, police said.
The investigation began when four dead dogs were found in a dumpster by a maintenance worker near Dear Valley Road and 19th Avenue earlier this month. One of the dogs was microchipped, which led police to its owner, 49-year-old Troy Sauvageau.
He told police he killed three of his dogs after they turned on the fourth and killed it.
Sauvageau was charged with misconduct involving weapons, animal cruelty and discharging a firearm in city limits.
- Organization aiming to relaunch migrant foster program in Phoenix
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Boy, 13, charged with attempted murder of teen neighbor in Phoenix
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour