Phoenix man faces animal cruelty charges for allegedly killing his three dogs
PHOENIX — A Phoenix man was facing multiple counts of animal cruelty and other charges after he allegedly shot and killed three of his dogs, police said.
The investigation began when four dead dogs were found in a dumpster by a maintenance worker near Dear Valley Road and 19th Avenue earlier this month. One of the dogs was microchipped, which led police to its owner, 49-year-old Troy Sauvageau.
He told police he killed three of his dogs after they turned on the fourth and killed it.
Sauvageau was charged with misconduct involving weapons, animal cruelty and discharging a firearm in city limits.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Phoenix-area zoo welcomes birth of two mountain lion cubs