Phoenix man faces animal cruelty charges for allegedly killing his three dogs
PHOENIX — A Phoenix man was facing multiple counts of animal cruelty and other charges after he allegedly shot and killed three of his dogs, police said.
The investigation began when four dead dogs were found in a dumpster by a maintenance worker near Dear Valley Road and 19th Avenue earlier this month. One of the dogs was microchipped, which led police to its owner, 49-year-old Troy Sauvageau.
He told police he killed three of his dogs after they turned on the fourth and killed it.
Sauvageau was charged with misconduct involving weapons, animal cruelty and discharging a firearm in city limits.
- Children injured in rollover freeway accident west of Phoenix
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam
- Arizona law enforcement agencies seek to recruit young people
- 9-year-old boy saves self, dog from Phoenix house fire
- Phoenix market collecting donations for Mexico earthquake victims