PHOENIX — People looking to get their Chicago deep dish pizza fix from Lou Malnati’s will soon have a second option in Phoenix.
The popular chain announced Tuesday it planned to open a new location near Indian School Road and 56th Street in September.
“The response to Lou Malnati’s in Arizona has been overwhelming,” owner Marc Malnati said in a press release.
The 2,000-square-foot Arcadia location will not offer restaurant seating. Instead, it will focus on carryout, delivery and catering orders.
The new location is likely the first in as many as eight new pizza spots the chain planned to open around the Valley. Lou Malnati’s opened its first Phoenix location last year near Central Avenue and Camelback Road.
“When we opened last year, we promised we were fully committed to Arizona. Our new Arcadia location is the next step in fulfilling the commitment we made to bring Arizona our famous Chicago deep dish pizza,” Malnati said.
Phoenix is the first out-of-state location for the pizzeria since it opened in 1971. The Uptown Plaza location received a lot of buzz when it first opened.
“We are thrilled with the reception we’ve received for bringing our authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza to Arizona,” Malnati said in a different press release.
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Glasses ready! Arizona spots hosting solar eclipse viewing events