Muralists are paying tribute to Phoenix’s history with a mural at the Renaissance Hotel, according to Phoenix Business Journal.
In a partnership with the hotel and Downtown Phoenix Inc., the work on the mural began Friday morning and they are hoping to have it done by the end of next month.
The mural will be 70 feet high and 50 feet wide on a wall of the hotel. The wall is in an alley between Central Avenue and First Street.
The concept behind the mural called “Malinda” is showing a character from Phoenix by the name of Malinda Curtis, who was known for her openness to all the city’s residents in the early 20th century. The alley is where Curtis lived.
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey will not attend Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Democratic leader says Trump’s unpredictability causing US instability
- Lawmakers want push against Arpaio pardon during Trump Phoenix visit
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- During rush hour, traffic matters in downtown Phoenix