Mural started at Renaissance Hotel in tribute to Phoenix’s history
Muralists are paying tribute to Phoenix’s history with a mural at the Renaissance Hotel, according to Phoenix Business Journal.
In a partnership with the hotel and Downtown Phoenix Inc., the work on the mural began Friday morning and they are hoping to have it done by the end of next month.
The mural will be 70 feet high and 50 feet wide on a wall of the hotel. The wall is in an alley between Central Avenue and First Street.
The concept behind the mural called “Malinda” is showing a character from Phoenix by the name of Malinda Curtis, who was known for her openness to all the city’s residents in the early 20th century. The alley is where Curtis lived.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day