TUCSON, Ariz. — Tucson police say they now know what triggered a fight that left one man dead and a second wounded but they’re still looking for suspects.
Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Bay said Monday that a group was leaving a wedding reception at a home when a speeding vehicle almost hit one of them. The driver stopped and got in an argument with the party-goers, then drove off and stopped at a home down the street.
The group from the wedding reception went down the street too and were confronted a large group from the house where the driver stopped early Sunday. The driver was identified as 24-year-old Xavier Fragoso.
Fragoso had a handgun and an altercation broke out, leaving Fragoso dead of a gunshot wound and another man also shot.
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Glasses ready! Arizona spots hosting solar eclipse viewing events
- Arizona Supreme Court OKs law penalizing cities for destroying guns
- Tucson trying to lure Milwaukee Brewers for spring training
- Phoenix-area police searching for man impersonating an officer