PETA calls D-backs’ Chase Field a top vegan-friendly ballpark
In the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals’ (PETA) list of the top 10 vegan-friendly stadiums in baseball, the Arizona Diamondbacks’ Chase Field made the cut.
The downtown Phoenix ballpark finished No. 3 on the list ahead of venues like Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium, the New York Mets’ Citi Field and even San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
You’ve probably noticed the swimming pool beyond the right-center fence. How great would it be to cool off while waiting for Diamondbacks hit machine Paul Goldschmidt to park a big fly? As great as filling up on a Kick’n Chick’n Wrap with vegan cheddar, tamales with soy chorizo, or Field Roast franks and burgers topped with chipotle Vegenaise and cowboy caviar.
The D-backs are no strangers to introducing outlandish food items in their ballpark, but it was their vegan items that caught attention this time.
Only the Minnesota Twins’ Target Field and the Texas Rangers’ Globe Life Park were ahead of Chase Field on PETA’s list.
- Arizona Diamondbacks to host annual Race Against Cancer
- These downtown Phoenix streets will be restricted for Cactus Bowl game
- Maricopa County, Diamondbacks meet privately on Chase Field deal
- Arizona Diamondbacks offering home run deals for Black Friday
- Heading to the Diamondbacks playoff game? Here’s what you need to know