Scottsdale named one of WalletHub’s top cities for summer jobs
PHOENIX — In WalletHub’s 2017 list of Best Places for Summer Jobs, Scottsdale landed near the top of the list for its “youth job market” and “social environment and affordability.”
The Phoenix suburb finished No. 2 overall. The next highest Arizona city was Tempe, which came in at No. 32. Chandler finished 34th.
WalletHub ranked the 150 largest cities in the U.S. based on their friendliness to young adults looking for summer work. They used 21 “key indicators of employment outlook, affordability and downtime-friendliness.”
A myriad of specific metrics were used, like “availability of summer jobs,” “availability of internships,” “median income of part time workers,” and more.
Those 21 metrics were categorized into two groups: the aforementioned “youth job market” and “social environment and affordability.” Scottsdale finished No. 1 in the country in social environment and affordability and No. 3 in youth job market.
- Scottsdale racer survives 344 mph motorcycle crash during record try
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Arizona dog currently up for adoption has long, unusual history
- Bad decisions probably caused plane crash that killed Scottsdale family