Tempe police: Arrests made in drug-linked shooting deaths
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Tempe police say four young men have been arrested in the May 18 shooting deaths of a man and teenage boy.
Police say they believe 20-year-old DeSean Estrada and 16-year-old Kayon Williams were meeting with the suspects for a drug transaction when they were shot inside a parked car at an apartment complex.
Police also say a third victim was in the car and shot but only grazed. Sgt. Josie Montenegro says that person fled before officers arrived and was identified during the investigation.
The suspects were identified as 18-year-old Brandon Nichols, 18-year-old Taylor Bush, 19-year-old Montre Williams and 20-year-old Justin Santos.
Each was jailed on suspicion of first-degree murder, aggravated assault and armed robbery.
It’s not immediately known whether they have attorneys who could comment on the allegations.
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Car chase down Interstate 10 ends south of Phoenix, driver in custody