Police looking for suspects in robbery, assault [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/22/2012]
You don’t often hear of metal scrapyards being the targets of armed robberies but on Thursday afternoon, March 22, 2012, Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch said two gunmen walked into Delta Metals on 35th Avenue, south of Lower Buckeye Road.
“They went into the business, ordered everyone to the ground, robbed them of their personal belongings then robbed the business of money. They left in a 2001 blue Chevy Monte Carlo,” Burch said.
They were last seen heading south.
Our next case takes us to a very popular after-hours hangout — the Jack in the Box on Mill Avenue in Tempe. It was just after 3 a.m. on Sunday, May 20, 2012.
Burch said the restaurant was filled with a lot of people from Mill Avenue. A college student was standing outside the restaurant, not bothering anyone, “when this suspect walked up and out of nowhere hit him in the face. He went right to the ground.”
He hit the concrete so hard, he fractured his skull and had swelling and bleeding of the brain. The student ended up having to quit school and move back home.
Arizona's Morning News
- Police searching for two Phoenix-area robbery suspects
- Police hoping for leads in Phoenix arson, murder cases
- Police looking for Arizona theft, armed robbery suspects
- Police searching for people using Cox equipment for target practice
- Police looking for Phoenix robbery suspects [RE-BROADCAST OF 5/13/2013]