Tempe sex offender in hiding after cutting off tracking device
PHOENIX — A Tempe sex offender wanted for violating probation has dropped from the radar after cutting off his ankle monitor, police said.
Alan Feliciano, 37, was last tracked via GPS device Monday near Southern Avenue and Country Club Drive in Mesa. Authorities believed him to be flight risk because he had talked about leaving the country for Mexico or Cuba with a girlfriend and said he was known to carry a gun.
Feliciano, 5-foot-5, had been charged with failure to register as a sex offender, aggravated DUI and identity theft. His last known address was in the area of Apache Boulevard and McClintock Drive.
Police don’t want anyone to approach Feliciano but do want to hear from anybody who has seen him.
Tips can be called in to Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS or submitted online.
- Navajo Nation sues Wells Fargo for alleged predatory tactics
- Court keeps ban on new mining claims around Grand Canyon
- Scottsdale Police Department canine officer officially has new name
- Former Phoenix officer, wife charged, not arrested in daughter’s death
- Ex-Maricopa County sheriff’s sergeant settles suit that alleges retaliation