Main Street Minute: Phoenix cracks top 10 for best US spots for meetings
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona’s capital city cracked Cvent’s top 10 list of best U.S. destinations for meetings. Phoenix finished 10th. The meetings technology provider analyzed more than 5,000 cities and towns on its supplier network to come up with the rankings. Phoenix jumped three spots from last year. Orlando was the top city on the list.
• Roosevelt School District No. 66 is holding a job fair Tuesday in Phoenix. Interviews will be held from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the district offices near Seventh Street and Southern Avenue. The district wants to hire K-8 teachers in science, social studies, math and special education, as well as paraprofessionals, bus drivers and a health service technician.
• Mark Taylor Residential is hiring service technicians Tuesday in Scottsdale. Both full and part-time positions are available at a job fair that runs from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. near Scottsdale and Indian Bend roads.
- Tempe’s Innings Festival set to begin this weekend
- Historic Castle Hot Springs Resort will be revived in Arizona
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade
- Head of Scottsdale company surprises first-ever employee with Tesla