Main Street Minute: Fried chicken chain expanding in Valley
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A fried chicken chain is joining the East Valley dining scene. Texas-based Bush’s Chicken opened the doors on its Gilbert location Monday near Val Vista Drive and Williams Field Road. Bush’s had opened a spot in Glendale in March. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the restaurant plans to open 12 stores in the Phoenix area over the next four years.
• The Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club has raised $500,000 in a single event for local children’s charities. The nonprofit amassed that amount recently during its annual sporting competition at Scottsdale Stadium, which pits hundreds of real estate agents and commercial real estate professionals against each other for fun and charity.
• More than three dozen companies are taking part in a job fair Monday near Sky Harbor Airport. Chase, Bank of America, Diamond Resorts and R.W. Lynch will have hiring managers on hand at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- American Express to add to Phoenix campus, relocate 3,000 jobs there
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Phoenix could see record heat for Thanksgiving holiday
- Banner Health mulling new cancer center near downtown Phoenix