MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. (AP) — A circus performer fell from a spinning cage called the Wheel of Death during a suburban New York performance and is recovering from his injuries.
An onlooker’s video, posted by WABC (http://7ny.tv/2qOmo2B ), shows the accident Saturday in Mount Vernon. The wheel was rising quickly from floor level when the man was suddenly flung through the air.
The UniverSoul Circus said in a statement that the performer was taken to a hospital for observation and treatment. It said he was in stable condition, awake and alert.
Other performers distracted young audience members and the show resumed.
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95