DODGE CITY, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says one person was killed and seven others were injured when a driver hit a bull standing in the highway.
The patrol says 66-year-old Alma Bencomo, of Dodge City, died after her vehicle hit the bull Saturday on U.S. 400, about 26 miles (40 kilometers) east of Dodge City. The collision forced Bencomo’s vehicle across the center line, where it hit a vehicle driven by 41-year-old Phouthavone Tony Thirakul of Wichita.
Five people in Bencomo’s vehicle were injured. Thirakul and a passenger in his car also were injured. A 7-year-old girl in Bencomo’s car was flown to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. The others were treated at a Dodge City hospital.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood