KENNESAW, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia teenager has died two days after a tree fell on her and severely injured her during a camping trip.
Local news groups report that Joelle Dalgleish, a sophomore at a high school in a north Atlanta suburb, died Sunday morning. Authorities say a tree holding her hammock snapped and fell on her at a state park.
Bartow County Coroner Joel T. Guyton confirmed Dalgleish’s death Sunday afternoon. Reports say her injuries included a fractured skull and spinal damage.
Kent Simmons, the track coach at Harrison High School in Cobb County that the girl attended, says Dalgleish was “one of the sweetest and happiest people you will ever meet.”
A community vigil for Dalgleish is planned Monday evening.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision