Thrillist names Sedona the best small town in Arizona
PHOENIX — When it’s time for big-city Arizonans to get out of town and find that relaxing getaway far from the go-go-go atmosphere of the Valley, there are a number of options.
The best of the best?
Thrillist, naming the best small town in each state, believes that place is Sedona. With a population just north of 10,200, the red rocks surrounding town and artsy feel in it are hard to beat.
Arizona’s red rock playground offers seriously breathtaking desert landscapes best enjoyed on a hike or a climb, and a walk around town mingling with kooky-but-kind locals. Then take off your boots and zen out with a massage and a guided meditation session at one of Sedona’s many spas. Binge on top-notch tamales from Tamaliza or gussied-up carne asada at Elote Cafe. When you start itching for a punchier after-hours scene, the very-hip Flagstaff is less than an hour down the road.
Where else does Thrillist suggest going to get away from the traffic-congested cities across the United States?
Telluride, Colo.; St. Augustine, Fla.; Stillwater, Minn.; Portsmouth, N.H.; Hudson, N.Y.; Hood River, Ore.; and San Luis Obispo, Calif. are among the other best (relatively) tiny towns in each state.
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Arizona officials urging people to get flu shots as season approaches
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam