WASHINGTON (AP) — America’s top diplomat says the Trump administration has expressed its “dismay” to the Turkish government about a violent confrontation between Turkish security officials and protesters outside Turkey’s embassy in Washington.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says Turkey’s ambassador has met with State Department officials, and that it was made clear during that meeting that the U.S. believes that Tuesday’s clash was “simply unacceptable.
Tillerson tells “Fox News Sunday” that an investigation is underway, and he’ll let that finish before making any decision about a more formal response.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95