NEW YORK (AP) — Police in New York say people leaving a concert by the rapper Future reported hearing gunshots, but officers found no evidence of actual gunfire when they arrived.
Some concertgoers reported on social media that some people started running and ducking for cover Friday night after hearing the sound at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
The arena later tweeted that “a loud noise …caused concern” while fans were exiting but “there were no gunshots tonight inside.”
The Barclays Center is home to the Brooklyn Nets and the Islanders hockey team.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump