ASU law professor discusses legal aspects of Trump-Russia investigation
Paul Bender joins the Think Tank to discuss several legal elements of the investigation into President Donald Trump’s campaign. We ask him about:
- After asking others in the room to leave, Trump asked then-FBI Director James Comey to kill an investigation into former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, saying, “I hope you can let this go.” Does this approach obstruction of justice?
- Comey did not comply and was fired? Given this, does Trump’s action constitute obstruction of justice?
- This request was reflected in Comey’s contemporaneous notes. Trump’s version is different. How do you assess their relative credibility if it comes down to he said-he said?
- How does the appointment of a special prosecutor change matters?
This and more in this week’s Think Tank.
- Something’s missing in HBO’s new film on John McCain’s life
- McCain praises Trump’s posthumous pardon of boxer Jack Johnson
- Senate hopeful Joe Arpaio mum on details of Trump policies
- National registry for cancer-stricken firefighters stalls in US House
- Ducey dines, discusses immigration, border policies with Trump