More sections of SB I-17 in Phoenix to be closed overnight during May 22 week
PHOENIX — Heads up, Phoenix drivers: More sections of the southbound Interstate 17 will be closed during the week of May 22 to accommodate for more installations of traffic flow sensors.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, sections of the Phoenix freeway will be closed to allow workers to install traffic flow sensors. The closures will begin on Monday and will continue through Friday.
Several ramps will also be closed during this period as well.
Here are the sections of the southbound I-17 that will be closed during the week of May 22, according to ADOT.
• Southbound I-17 between Bethany Home and Camelback roads and the ramps leading to the highway will be closed from 9 p.m. Monday, May 22, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, May 23.
• Southbound I-17 between Camelback and Indian School roads and the ramps leading to the highway will be closed from 9 p.m. Tuesday, May 23, to 5 a.m. Wednesday, May 24.
• Southbound I-17 between Indian School and Thomas roads and the ramps leading to the highway will be closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, to 5 a.m. Thursday, May 25.
• Southbound I-17 between I-10 and 19th Avenue and the ramps leading to the highway will be closed from 9 p.m. Thursday, May 25, to 5 a.m. Friday, May 26.
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix