DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Police say an 81-year-old Ohio man killed his wife after an argument and then drove himself to jail.
The Dayton Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/2q1JwsU ) Donald Cleaver showed up at a county jail early Friday after 70-year-old Mary Cleaver was stabbed to death at the couple’s home in Dayton.
Police say a neighbor called 911 around 1 a.m. and told a dispatcher that Donald Cleaver had said he’d killed his wife and was “getting ready to head to the jail.” Cleaver then showed up at the Montgomery County Jail, where he was booked.
Homicide detectives say it appears that Cleaver stabbed his wife after she went to bed.
Police say the case will be presented to a prosecutor for filing criminal charges.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Border agents in Arizona drop from copter, snag suspects, 430 pounds of pot
- Tempe sex offender in hiding after cutting off tracking device
- Burglars in Phoenix drive away with inflatable obstacle course
- Teachers’ union leader surprised by Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey veto of bill
- Load up on the ice, find shade, Phoenix area heating up to triple digits this week