2 found dead in Tempe apartment parking lot, 2 killed in Mesa
PHOENIX — Four people were killed in less than half a day in suburbs east of Phoenix, police in two cities said.
In Tempe late Thursday, police found the bodies of two young men with fatal bullet wounds in a car parked in an apartment complex lot. The car’s engine was running.
A call to Tempe police about gunshots heard around 11:15 p.m. led to the discovery of the bodies near Kyrene and Elliot roads.
Police have identified the victims as 20-year-old DeSean Estrada and 16-year-old Kayon Williams.
They said the shooting doesn’t appear to be a random act of violence and no suspect or suspects have been identified.
Tempe Union school district officials said Thursday that Williams was a junior at McClintock High School and “was well liked by everyone who knew him.”
In Mesa, two men were killed in unrelated homicides, authorities said.
Jorge Alcantar, 31, was shot and killed Thursday night near Mesa Drive and Eighth Street. An unidentified 45-year-old woman was also injured.
Cristian Camarena, a 20-year-old, died early Friday near Stapley Drive and U.S. 60.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Strike a pose: Grand Canyon ranks as Arizona’s most ‘Instagrammed’ spot
- These Arizona cities are among the most deadly in the nation
- Man pleads with Sen. Jeff Flake to vote against tax bill in viral videos
- Valley Metro CEO Scott Smith to remain in position until 2020
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation