Fans of Jim Henson’s 1982 classic “The Dark Crystal” are going to want to mark their calendars: Netflix has announced it will launch a series that will act as a prequel series to the fantasy adventure movie.
The series will be called “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance,” will be 10 episodes and will feature some of the original puppets from the movie, as well as use digital imagery and visual effects.
According to Deadline Hollywood, the series will take place “many years before the events of the film” and will be shot in the U.K.
Shooting is scheduled to begin in the fall and will be directed and produced by Louis Leterrier from “The Incredible Hulk.”
The series will star an “ensemble of fantastical, state-of-the-art creatures created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and Brian Froud, the original feature’s conceptual designer,” according to Deadline Hollywood.
Cindy Holland, the vice president of original content with Netflix, told the publication that the series will “combine the art of puppetry perfected by the Jim Henson Company, with Louis’ vision, powerful storytelling and a mix of cutting-edge digital imagery and visual effects.”
“I can’t wait for families around the world to see how we bring these unique characters to life,” she added.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Bon Jovi crashes graduation commencement at Fairleigh Dickinson University
- YouTube duo posts cringeworthy video jumping into 1,000 mousetraps
- Can’t ‘bear’ it: YouTube video of bear scaring group of bikers goes viral
- Baby raccoon politely greets surprised travelers at Toronto airport
- Rapper Logic surprises wife on birthday with ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ orchestra