PHOENIX — A court hearing is scheduled Friday over an arrest warrant for a former reality television star accused of vehicle theft and drug possession in Phoenix.
Jacob Harris, who used to be on the Discovery channel’s “Deadliest Catch” series about crab fishermen in Alaska, was arrested April 22 after Phoenix police said he was in possession of Xanax pills and crystal meth.
The 31-year-old Harris also was accused of taking the vehicle of a female companion without her permission.
Harris missed his scheduled preliminary hearing last Friday, resulting in a bench warrant being issued for his arrest.
Harris’ public defender, Joshua Bowland, said Tuesday his client’s upcoming court appearance should quash the arrest warrant and then set other dates for the case.
Bowland declined to discuss why Harris missed last week’s hearing.
- Magazine calls Mexican eatery the “best 24-hour restaurant” in Arizona
- Interstate 10 reopens in eastern Arizona after blowing dust causes closure
- Elderly woman dies from heat exposure after leaving Arizona facility
- Almost there: Arizona in the homestretch of brutal heat wave
- Joe Arpaio criminal contempt trial set to get underway next week in Phoenix