NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey Transit train has traveled through at least eight stops with a door open and has been pulled out of service. A passenger captured video of it.
Rider Jeffrey Spitery shared cellphone video with WNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/2q18eZP ) showing people moving around the train Tuesday night while the wind from the open door whips their hair.
Spitery says the train stopped at Newark Penn Station while a conductor searched for an open door. The train then continued. Spitery says as the train approached his stop in Metuchen he found a door “wide open.”
New Jersey Transit says a train should not move while a door is open. It says it’s investigating.
There’s no indication anyone was injured while the train door was open.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers