CLEVELAND (AP) — An Ohio man has been charged with aggravated murder after the remains of his missing ex-wife were found in a container outside Cleveland.
An indictment Thursday against 27-year-old Fahad Mohammed Saeed also charges him with kidnapping, felonious assault, aggravated burglary, stalking and abuse of a corpse charges.
Saeed’s ex-wife, 25-year-old Roaa Al-Dhannoon, was last seen Oct. 16 at her Lakewood, Ohio, apartment. She was reported missing three days later. The container was found Monday near a ravine in the Cleveland suburb of Brooklyn. A medical examiner has confirmed the remains are Al-Dhannoon’s.
A Lakewood Municipal Court judge in late January sentenced Saeed to six months in jail after finding him guilty of violating a protective order.
Saeed’s attorney in that case couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.
This story, headline and slug have been corrected to show the missing woman was Saeed’s ex-wife and the spelling of her first name is Roaa, not Rosa. The story also has been corrected to show the indictment was handed down Thursday, not Wednesday.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood