CHICAGO (AP) — A Chicago man who was captured on video punching a female security guard is being held in lieu of $250,000 bond.
Matthew De Leon is a U.S. Army serviceman who was visiting his family in Chicago before deployment to Hawaii.
He is accused of punching Zoa Stigler outside a condominium building early Sunday. De Leon faces three felony counts of aggravated battery.
Stigler tried to help De Leon when he was vomiting. When she returned to clean up his vomit, she told him and his friends to leave. The video shows De Leon throwing water on Stigler and punching her in the face.
Prosecutors said Wednesday she suffered nasal and orbital fractures.
Defense attorney Richard Fenbert said his client expressed “deep remorse” when he turned himself in earlier this week.
- This crowd is delightfully shocked by Blue Angels at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny