SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a South Carolina man has died after being struck by a train.
The Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2pUyXax ) that Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger says 53-year-old Glenn Alan Jordan was pronounced dead at the scene Tuesday morning.
Spartanburg Fire Chief Marion Blackwell says the train conductor saw Jordan walking on the tracks and blew a horn, but Jordan did not react.
The Spartanburg Police Department, fire department and county coroner’s office are investigating.
Norfolk Southern owns the tracks. Blackwell says railroad police also were called to investigate.
Information from: Herald-Journal, http://www.goupstate.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision