PHOENIX (AP) — A court hearing is scheduled Friday over an arrest warrant for a former reality television star accused of vehicle theft and drug possession in Phoenix.
Jacob Harris, who used to be on the Discovery channel’s “Deadliest Catch” series about crab fishermen in Alaska, was arrested April 22 after Phoenix police say he was in possession of Xanax pills and crystal meth.
The 31-year-old Harris also was accused of taking the vehicle of a female companion without her permission.
Harris missed his scheduled preliminary hearing last Friday, resulting in a bench warrant being issued for his arrest.
Harris’ public defender, Joshua Bowland, said Tuesday his client’s upcoming court appearance should quash the arrest warrant and then set other dates for the case.
Bowland declined to discuss why Harris missed last week’s hearing.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds