Pass the sauce? Best Phoenix-area spots to celebrate National BBQ Day
PHOENIX — You may want to save those leftovers you were eyeing for dinner for Wednesday’s lunch, as Tuesday is National BBQ Day.
It’s the day when Americans everywhere forego the fork and knife and instead get a little messy eating ribs or sandwiches cooked to perfection and, of course, drizzled in a delicious sauce.
While we’re sure you can whip up some pretty tasty grub on your backyard grill, we thought we’d check in with the folks over at Thrillist to get their list of the best BBQ joints the Valley has to offer.
After all, if it tastes that good coming out of your kitchen, imagine how good it tastes coming out of the kitchen of a pro — and they’re stuck with all the sticky dishes.
Plus, Phoenix has some happening spots. The top two are likely Little Miss BBQ, which as been featured on both Yelp’s and Gayot’s best places to eat lists, along with Bobby-Q, which was also featured by Yelp along with OpenTable.
So with no further ado, here are the best Phoenix-area spots to grab some eats on National BBQ Day. Just don’t forget to use a wet wipe when you flip through the gallery below.
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November