ORANGE, Va. (AP) — Virginia authorities say a 4-year-old boy fatally shot himself at the home of his child care provider, which is also the home of a Stafford County sheriff’s deputy.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement Tuesday that the child was pronounced dead Monday, the sheriff’s deputy wasn’t home and the gun was not a service weapon. The statement also says an autopsy is being conducted and more details won’t be released until the Orange County Sheriff’s Office’s investigation is complete.
The Stafford County Sheriff’s office says the deputy began working for the agency in December 2016 and is still in the academy.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix