Maricopa County deputies investigating possible attempted kidnapping
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies were investigating a possible attempted kidnapping that was reported Monday, the agency said.
In a press release, the sheriff’s office said a man allegedly tried to kidnap a 10-year-old boy near Elliot and Tuthill roads in Buckeye about 7 a.m.
The boy told deputies a man with dark hair and a tattoo on his right arm grabbed him while he was in a desert area near his home. A search of the area was fruitless.
The boy was the only witness.
The suspect was a white male with dark hair. He is average height or tall with an average build. He was last seen wearing a dark shirt.
Anyone with information on the possible crime is asked to contact the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office at 602-876-1011.
- Inmate at Arizona prison in Buckeye dies; Homicide suspected
- Lab tests continue on human bones found in Buckeye
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from past weekend
- Cave Creek woman charged with poisoning husband with anti-freeze
- Man accused in nine killings won’t be prosecuted in one of them