Maricopa County deputies investigating possible attempted kidnapping
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies were investigating a possible attempted kidnapping that was reported Monday, the agency said.
In a press release, the sheriff’s office said a man allegedly tried to kidnap a 10-year-old boy near Elliot and Tuthill roads in Buckeye about 7 a.m.
The boy told deputies a man with dark hair and a tattoo on his right arm grabbed him while he was in a desert area near his home. A search of the area was fruitless.
The boy was the only witness.
The suspect was a white male with dark hair. He is average height or tall with an average build. He was last seen wearing a dark shirt.
Anyone with information on the possible crime is asked to contact the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office at 602-876-1011.
- Phoenix man accused of kidnapping, assaulting four women
- Buckeye woman dies after being struck in chest with stray bullet
- Motorcycle support ride scheduled to honor MCSO deputy’s slain wife
- Dairy farmer Sine Kerr will take over vacant Arizona Senate seat
- Penzone says MCSO making progress, still needs to earn public’s trust