Maricopa County deputies investigating possible attempted kidnapping
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies were investigating a possible attempted kidnapping that was reported Monday, the agency said.
In a press release, the sheriff’s office said a man allegedly tried to kidnap a 10-year-old boy near Elliot and Tuthill roads in Buckeye about 7 a.m.
The boy told deputies a man with dark hair and a tattoo on his right arm grabbed him while he was in a desert area near his home. A search of the area was fruitless.
The boy was the only witness.
The suspect was a white male with dark hair. He is average height or tall with an average build. He was last seen wearing a dark shirt.
Anyone with information on the possible crime is asked to contact the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office at 602-876-1011.
- Drone carrying drugs, cellphones crashes at Arizona prison
- Report: Bill Gates-owned company plans to build ‘smart city’ in Arizona
- Phoenix-area city to host Vietnam War memorial over Veterans Day
- Elderly Scottsdale woman forced into car trunk escapes after several hours
- Court throws out death sentence for Arizona prisoner who killed cellmate