WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s Washington hotel was briefly illuminated with projected messages including “pay Trump bribes here” and “emoluments welcome.”
Robin Bell, a Washington-based artist and filmmaker, says he used a video projector to splash the words across an entrance to the hotel on Monday night in protest of what he called Trump’s foreign ties. He says the projector ran for about 10 minutes before a security guard asked him to stop.
Bell says it’s the fifth time he’s trained his projector onto the hotel. He previously projected images of administration officials, accompanied by the words “swamp monsters.”
A tourist bus drove past the hotel while the projector was on. Bell says people on the bus applauded.
The hotel has been a popular spot for protests since Trump took office.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees