JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) — A 20-year-old man arrested in Texas faces murder and battery charges in connection to a shooting in northeast Arkansas that killed one and injured several others.
The suspect, who has not yet been identified, was arrested Monday by Arkansas authorities and the U.S. Marshals Dallas/Fort Worth Fugitive Task Force. He will be extradited to Arkansas.
A 19-year-old man is also in custody in Arkansas in connection to the shooting that occurred early Sunday in Jonesboro. He turned himself in to authorities after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Police say 18-year-old Monterio Barnes was pronounced dead at the scene. Six others were transported to area hospitals for their wounds. The victims’ conditions are unknown.
Authorities say the shooting happened after a fight broke out during a party.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action