Police in Tempe said an officer and a suspect were taken to a hospital Tuesday morning after a shooting in a residential neighborhood.
The officer’s wounds weren’t life threatening, the department said. There was no word on the suspect’s condition or the reason police approached him near Rural Road between Broadway Road and Southern Avenue.
No other details were immediately available.
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday
- Arizona ranked No. 10 most diverse state in nation, study finds
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities