Police in Tempe said an officer and a suspect were taken to a hospital Tuesday morning after a shooting in a residential neighborhood.
The officer’s wounds weren’t life threatening, the department said. There was no word on the suspect’s condition or the reason police approached him near Rural Road between Broadway Road and Southern Avenue.
No other details were immediately available.
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion