Police in Tempe said an officer and a suspect were taken to a hospital Tuesday morning after a shooting in a residential neighborhood.
The officer’s wounds weren’t life threatening, the department said. There was no word on the suspect’s condition or the reason police approached him near Rural Road between Broadway Road and Southern Avenue.
No other details were immediately available.
- Explosion rocks New York subway near Times Square, suspect in custody
- Strike a pose: Grand Canyon ranks as Arizona’s most ‘Instagrammed’ spot
- These Arizona cities are among the most deadly in the nation
- Man pleads with Sen. Jeff Flake to vote against tax bill in viral videos
- Valley Metro CEO Scott Smith to remain in position until 2020