SPARTA, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey police officer has cut a deal to keep his job after slapping a prankster wearing a bunny suit.
Hopatcong (hoh-PAHT’-kahng) Officer Nicholas Maresca Jr. pleaded guilty to harassment on Monday in municipal court.
NJ.com reports (http://bit.ly/2qqaE65 ) that as part of the plea agreement, the prosecution dropped an assault charge and requested a waiver from a state law that would have required Maresca to resign from his job following a conviction. He also was fined $500.
Both the defense and prosecution say they’re pleased with the outcome of the case. Maresca declined to comment.
Kevin Hemmerich (HEM’-er-ik), who wore the bunny costume while repeatedly blowing an air horn inside the police station, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct last month.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny