WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has chosen a San Diego real estate developer and industrialist to be U.S. ambassador to the Bahamas.
The White House says Trump announced his intent to nominate Doug “Papa” Manchester to be the next ambassador to the Bahamas.
Manchester has been chairman of Manchester Financial Group since 1970 and is the former owner of the San Diego Union-Tribune. A Trump supporter, Manchester has been a leading developer of hotels and resorts.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain