WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has chosen a San Diego real estate developer and industrialist to be U.S. ambassador to the Bahamas.
The White House says Trump announced his intent to nominate Doug “Papa” Manchester to be the next ambassador to the Bahamas.
Manchester has been chairman of Manchester Financial Group since 1970 and is the former owner of the San Diego Union-Tribune. A Trump supporter, Manchester has been a leading developer of hotels and resorts.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort