PHOENIX — Arizona ranks among the top states in the nation for drug use, outranking high-population states like New York, California and Texas.
According to a recent WalletHub study, Arizona ranks 8th in the nation for drug use.
The state also ranked in the top ten in the nation for two other categories: Percent of adults who needed but didn’t get drug treatment in the last year (4th) and percent of teens who used illicit drugs in the last month (10th).
Arizona also ranked 3rd for percent of teens who were offered, sold or given an illicit drug on school property.
Arizona ranked above average, which WalletHub marked at 25th, in a majority of other categories as well.
The state ranked 13th for percent of adults who used drugs in the last month, 18th for number of drug overdose deaths per capita, 22nd for number of substance abuse treatment facilities per 100,000 people and 24th for number of drug arrests per capita.
There was only one category which Arizona ranked below average in: Number of opioid pain reliever prescriptions per capita, at 26th.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Scottsdale named one of WalletHub’s top cities for summer jobs
- GOP health care bill will be devastating for Arizona kids, advocate says
- Celebrate National Burger Day with best bacon burger in Arizona
- Walmart announces 4,400 veteran hires in Arizona since 2013
- Mother Road Brewing Co. named most underrated brewery in Arizona by Thrillist